Sunday, April 14, 2013

The new coop - almost

The coop is coming along, but not fast enough for me.

Yesterday a friend came over and we got the four walls put up.


It was so much easier with someone helping me.

Today I was working alone and determined to get part of the roof done.  I decided to take it apart and put the rafters up and then to see what I could salvage from the roof.

I pried the 2 x 4s off the roof which wasn't too hard, but the sun was definitely beating down on my back and shoulders.


I put the rafters back together.


And then I managed to get them all attached to the coop.



I may be able to salvage the particle board and I have a roll of tar paper, but I'm sure I will need to buy more shingles.  I also need to buy some linoleum for the floor so that it is easier to clean and some paint so I can make this thing look a lot better.  And I still have to build the roosts and nest boxes, the door, and the ramp for the birds to get in and out. 

I don't think this is going as fast as I would like it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment