Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It is farm life

Last night Faith was barking at about 12:45.  My natural reaction is telling her to shut up but I suddenly sat up straight in bed and remembered that I hadn't closed the door to the guinea coop. 

When I left it open, my thinking was that the goats would be around, I hadn't seen evidence of a fox in awhile, and the door was inside the run so a fox would have to go inside the run to get into that coop.

At 12:45, with a fox barking, none of those reasons mattered and I went to the window to look outside.  I kept seeing the light in the original coop moving, where the month old chicks are, so I pulled on my boots and jacket and went outside.

The fox was still barking off to the North of our property and I hurried out to the coops. The three guinea were alive in the coop so I closed that door and then I checked on the chicks with the light.

The chicks were walking back and forth under the light, knocking the safety cage around.  Darn birds.

I hurried back inside and jumped back into my bed.

When the alarm went off at 4, all I could think was "farm life problems"...

No comments:

Post a Comment