Monday, April 15, 2013

Mystery Visitors

I came home from the gym this morning and I saw something in the yard.  I backed up to use my headlights to see it and this is what I saw.  

I had no idea what this thing was so I took a few pictures and then hurried inside to research it.




I headed back outside to get some better pictures with my camera, and while the bird walked away from me and tried to hide behind a tree, it wasn't moving very fast.




I finally found out that it was a Red Golden Pheasant.  In the United States, people keep these for pets, sort of like chickens or peacocks.  They're apparently very fast, so if I had tried to catch it, I probably wouldn't have had much luck.

I threw a bunch of bird seed and treats out for it and went to work.





I decided that if I came home and saw the bird again I would try to catch it, but I haven't seen it since.

It sure was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment