Thursday, April 11, 2013

My students are chick farmers

Two of my former students told me they wanted to hatch eggs for their 6th grade Science Fair Project.  I tried to help them get eggs donated, and then I decided to just buy some eggs.  I didn't have any to part from out of my own flock because they weren't laying very many for awhile.  

The girls also asked me if I could take the chicks after they were hatched because they can't have them in their city.  

So I bought 18 eggs from another local mom who has chickens and passed them on.

Friday will be day 21, the day the chicks should start hatching.  The girls have been candeling them and they saw signs of life in 17 out of the 18 eggs!  That's amazing.

And then this morning I got an email telling me that the eggs were chirping and wobbling!

Only a little while later I got this in an email!

And then a couple hours later they said NINE had hatched!

I think I am just as excited about their eggs hatching as they are!

And then they sent me more pictures.  :)  I'm so happy for them and there should be more coming.  








No comments:

Post a Comment