Friday, April 12, 2013

Just a couple chicks in the house

I really want our chicks to be overly friendly when they're outside and free ranging.  The problem is that I know I would need to spend a lot of time with them now when they are young, and we simply don't have all that time to devote to them.

So I decided to torture two of them and I brought them upstairs into the living room.

On the right is the rotten egg chick



Jeremiah really isn't in to animals.  I keep hoping it will grow on him.

His real feeling about having to sit with the chick

A smile that he faked for me
I don't have pictures of when the darker bird decided to fly, and then the dog wanted to run into the room to check out the commotion .. It lead to me screaming to put a gate up to stop the dog while also trying to hold on to the bird I had and grab the escapee with one hand.

Fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment