Friday, April 12, 2013

Did you think I was kidding?

One day last fall, when I first started collecting eggs, I was wearing a dress.  I had come home from work and went straight out to feed the goats and collect the eggs.  As I was walking to the pen I had a sudden thought in my head that it was very comfortable to be wearing the dress, and then I put the eggs in the skirt of my dress and carried them back into the house.

I remember thinking then that I wish I had a old fashion dress or apron to wear when I was doing the little errands for the chickens.

Earlier this week, I was wearing a dress again when I had the same thought.  So I came inside and immediately went to work trying to find out where I could buy a lightweight farm dress.  I didn't have any luck but I did find a blog from a woman who had the same revelation and wrote about it.  


I spent forty minutes trying to find the dresses and then gave up and started looking for patterns to make my own.  I haven't sewn anything in years, and the last time I made something that was completed was when I was 10, and it was for a Barbie.

I didn't find any patterns that I wanted online but on the way home from work today I typed in "fabric" on my GPS and realized I drive right past a fabric store on my way home.

I stopped.  I looked through the catalogs.

I bought three patterns.




I would really like to take on this task, but I also know that I have a lot of other things on my plate right now.  The patterns were $5 total because everything was on sale.  When I have time, I'll sit down and find out how much material I need and go back to buy some.

No comments:

Post a Comment