Wednesday, February 27, 2013

She finally ate!

Silkie Sue has not gotten off of her eggs in a week.



Since she has been brought into the house she hasn't had any of the water or the food that has been put out and she hasn't gone to the bathroom.  So I did what I thought needed to be done.

I picked her up and set her on the ground, in front of the food.
This is what she did the first two times that I picked her up.  You would have thought I would have just left her alone.

I didn't.

Finally, the third time that I picked her up she drank.  And she drank.  And she drank.






For ten minutes, I'm not exaggerating, she drank water.

Then she got back on the eggs.

A couple hours later I heard a noise in her pen and I went to check on her, she was leaning out of the nest and eating some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment