Saturday, February 23, 2013

Candeling

There is a thing called candeling that is done to chicken eggs.  It's basically shinning a flashlight through an egg and trying to see what is inside.  I candeled every egg tonight, and took pictures, but I really have no idea what I am looking for or at.  It seemed like all of the pictures online had veins running through them, and I didn't see that in any of my eggs.

I did see a couple that had a dark lump that would move around, which may or may not be good.

Another major problem is that I have no idea when some of these eggs were laid since I didn't realize Silkie Sue was hoarding so many eggs.

In any case, here are some of the pictures I took.


I think this is a bad egg, that circle around the left side is a "blood ring"

This darker area would move when I'd turn the egg over



Another darker mass that would move when the egg was rotated




No comments:

Post a Comment