Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meeting with the Project Manager

The Project Manager/Negotiator was at my home last night with the blueprints of the expected changes.  

I started by saying I didn't see why we needed an access road.  I pointed out that a nearby 4 lane road had rural residential homes, and far more traffic than we have, and those homes don't have access road.  I pointed out that we haven't had any issues with accidents because of vehicles pulling into our driveways.  He admitted that he didn't really know why the access road needed to be there.

I then pointed out that this dead end road they were going to build on my property was going to go over a stream.  And was 50 feet away from an easement on the neighboring property.  Why wouldn't they put this dead end on the property that already has an easement?  He agreed that it would make more sense.

He told me repeatedly that he understood my concerns and issues and could see exactly what I was talking about when I pointed out the 40+ year old Black Walnut trees, my parking space that would be taken, the privacy and noise barrier, etc.

He told me that these plans were not approved, they were only in the initial stages of this process and that he had a meeting this morning with the county.  He said he would point out my concerns and see what he could do.

I know I can't stop them from widening the road and taking land from me, my only hope is to stop them from taking even MORE land from me for this access road (that my neighbor and I don't want - and it would only serve us) and from cutting down the trees that provide us with a noise and privacy barrier.

The plans actually had a noise barrier wall across the street, protecting all of those new pretty homes from the noise from the increased traffic that this project will bring.  I pointed out that it was odd that they would build that wall for THOSE people, but then cut down my noise barrier.

He showed me how far back the right of way would be (the land they actually take from me) and it was 73 feet back from the edge of the road.  It would cut down the first 5 feet of trees in that area.  

He then told me that the electric company has to move the overhead lines back, and this would be 23 additional feet, and they would be cutting down all of the trees to do that.  

So now I wait.  My inspection is next Tuesday night for the appraisal on the land and the decrease in my property value.  He said it would be at least a week (if not more) before he would know anything about changing the access road and dead end.

(I will add pictures once I can figure out how to crop the blue prints he left next to each other so you can see the full road - and with my personal info blurred out)

No comments:

Post a Comment