Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I learned something new

Apparently I've been candling wrong.  Tonight, we candled a few more eggs to see how things were going after after a couple eggs, I decided to try the light coming from a different angle.  

It was amazing.  We could see a mass and movement in nearly every egg!  I was squealing like a little kid!

Of the 14 eggs that are in the incubator, we saw signs of life in all but three of them.  One of them was completely stuck in the egg turned and I was scared to break it by pulling it free and two of them were almost see through.

I decided to run out to the coop to check on the eggs under the hen and I snapped pictures of those eggs.  Four of the six showed signs of life.


This is a bad egg

This is amazing!  It was so cool to see them moving inside the shells!  Now I feel like I need to do a lot of research on what I need to do to keep them alive until hatching.

This post was shared on the Homesteaders Blog Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment