Thursday, November 14, 2013

Who knew eggs could cause this much stress?!

The oldest text me to say the eggs had arrived today.  I believe my response used the word "CAREFULLY" several times when I told him where to put the boxes.

When I got home there were two boxes waiting for me.  One of them was decorated so cute.



It was like opening a present.




A very well wrapped present.


And then I got to open the other box!


It was a well wrapped present too!



A very, very well wrapped present.


And I ended up with 20 eggs.  There are 8 of one kind and 12 of the other kind.



I was a little late on reading up on how the whole incubation process needs to work, but I plugged in the incubator and then moved it around to various "safe" places for an hour.  I'm just worried about the child with the fingers that have to touch everything and twist every knob and the child that likes to run around like a wild banshee with the dog chasing him.

It has to be kept in a temperature-constant place which excludes my own room since it's the coldest place in the house, thanks to being at the end of the ducts.

So it's in the office for now and the eggs will be set tomorrow morning before I go to work, unless I can get the temperature and humidity stable before bedtime.

This post was shared on the Homesteaders Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment