Friday, November 15, 2013

Still on Day One

When I woke up this morning I checked the incubator and it was only at 80 degrees and 80% humidity.  I got some of the water out and turned the heat up before running off to the gym.  When I came home an hour later the temperature was finally almost right!  99 degrees and 60% humidity meant I just needed to bring the humidity down.


But then I looked at the second thermometer that was inside the incubator.  It was well over 100 degrees!  The humidty gauge was obviously broken on this one, but which thermometer was right?!





I grabbed a new thermometer I had bought for the kitchen and shoved it into the incubator.


Since two thermometers had the same temperature, I had to go with trusting the thermometer inside the incubator and the humidity gauge on the actual unit.

I reset the temperature, got ready for work and luckily the numbers were where they should be just in time for me to put the eggs in the incubator before I left for work.

I numbered the eggs and decided that the broody girl could handle six of these eggs, so the rest would go in the incubator.



  That means there are 14 eggs in the incubator and that completely depend on me knowing what I'm doing with this project.


I have no idea what I'm doing!

I hurried outside to set the six eggs under the broody girl, who still needs a name.


The good news is that she adjusted and seemed to settle down on the eggs once they were all under her.

This afternoon she still had the six eggs all tucked under her body and the gauges on the incubator were at numbers that seemed like they were safe.

It's not even 24 hours and I'm already stressed out, how am I going to make it 21 days??

No comments:

Post a Comment