Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chickies are Coming!

We candled the eggs again two nights ago and this morning it was time to take the eggs off the egg turner.  They're suppose to stop turning for the last three days before they hatch so that the chicks can get lined up and ready to pip and hatch.

I candled them this morning as I took them off the turner and set them in the incubator again and I saw signs of life in all of the Silver Laced Wyandottes, which is great news.  There were three New Hampshire eggs that were clearly bad so I pulled them out and one New Hampshire egg that I think is bad but I'm not completely sure, so I left it in the incubator but off to the side.  
 



It won't be cool to have all of the New Hampshire eggs be bad, I'm wondering if they were even fertile when they were sent to us.

The best part is that I got a video of a candling and you can see movement inside the egg.  Watch this clip and pay careful attention at about the six second mark.  I hope other people squeal with excitement like I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment