Sunday, August 12, 2012

I never claimed to be a genius


We had a watermelon growing in our garden for several weeks.  We kept watching it, waiting to cut it off and eat it.  Finally the day came.  Just as I broke the watermelon from the vine I realized that the watermelon didn't have a hint of yellow anymore... it was ORANGE.  

It wasn't a watermelon!  

I had planted the watermelon and pumpkin near each other and the storms that washed away most of our soil must have messed with the placement of the watermelon and pumpkin plants!

Here was the "watermelon" the day I cut it, and realized it was orange...

And here is our pumpkin - five days later.

The good news is that there are two more growing, and this time I will be smart enough to leave them alone until they're ready to be harvested - as pumpkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment