Tuesday, August 21, 2012

And their shenanigans continue

The boys broke the original screen door to our mud room, several times, during our first 4 months in our home.
The original screen door


We were without a door for a month or two before I finally bought a pretty new screen door and installed it a few months ago.


Carrie had pushed through the screen on the bottom half of the door to get into the mud room awhile back.  I left it the way it was partly because I hadn't bought the tool to push the screen back into place, but also because I knew Carrie would just push through again.  The screen served it's purpose to keep bugs out, and Carrie would simply come into the mud room looking for treats, and then just walk back out when she was done.  Almost like a doggie door.

One day last week, the goats were out.  This isn't anything new, in fact we often will open the gate and let them out when we're working the yard.  I'd rather let them out, then to have them jump or climb out.  And once they're out, they typically go right back in when we open the gate or shake their food dishes.

I was done with my work outside, but the goats needed some more time to graze, so I headed inside.

Carrie followed me in, but I stopped her from coming into the house.

I sat at my computer and started working....

And then I heard a bang.  And a crash.  And a bigger thud.  I yelled and jumped up to run out to the mud room to see what they'd knocked off the shelves...

Are you kidding me?!?!?!
They literally ripped the door and the hinges from the frame!



I'm not sure which goat did it.  I am guessing that Kelly came in and tried to jump out the top screen and may have gotten stuck half way through.  Or maybe it was Jenny trying to get in, and not fitting so she just ripped the door off.

The only good news is that the screen isn't torn, so I will finally buy the tool to push the screen back into place, and once I replace the broken part of the door frame I can re-attach the door.  I'm going to be smart and buy a metal grate to cover the bottom of the door to keep them all out this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment