Monday, July 8, 2013

The most persistent perennial... weeds!

Every time I start a project I always think how I should have taken "before" pictures so I can see my progress.  The same thing happen this morning, about thirty minutes into weeding the garden I knew I should take a picture of how bad things were.

There is a path buried under those weeds

The sweet potatoes have gone everywhere

Not sure why I bothered to weed the Brussels sprouts when they've been destroyed by goats

Good thing these grow higher than the weeds

I spent about 2 hours weeding and laying down newspaper to help stop the weeds.  I only wish I had a ton of mulch to lay down so it would look as nice as the tomato rows.  I finally stopped, knowing that I still have a ton of work to do.


Weeds cleared and paper to help keep it this way
Add caption

And seeing this gave me hope for the fresh produce we will have soon, and annoyance at all the weeds under there




No comments:

Post a Comment