Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Chickies are doing well

We ended up having 12 chicks hatch, which is amazing.  We only had 2 bad eggs out of the 14 Silver Laced Wyandottes which I think is great odds.  All of the New Hampshire eggs were bad.  I did send an email to the seller and she said that she would send me more in the spring if I paid for the shipping.  I'm not sure if I want to do it all over again with the same seller, so we will see.







Norma Jean is doing well with all of the babies.  She is actually able to get them all under her at times but she also has a heat lamp down there to help keep them warm.

We are trying to keep them around us more so I've been stuffing four in my pocket and bringing them upstairs and keeping them with me for a couple hours, as often as I can.


Sometimes they end up in odd places because they seem to start shivering and I know they need to stay warm.


But they fit in my pockets for now.




Luckily they haven't pooped on us too much.



And they fall asleep in big hands.


This post was shared on the Homesteaders Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment