Sunday, June 16, 2013

It was time to get dirt-y

I finally gave in and had some quality soil delivered so that I could complete some of the projects around here.



Ten cubic yards of compost-soil mix was dumped.  When the truck pulled up I was a bit scared about how much ten cubic yards would be, but once it was dumped I knew I could use it all.

The first project was to finish the raised flower bed.


The second project was to raise one of the flower beds so that it was level and would help hide the foundation better.

It took a few more boulders that we brought over from the goat pen and several loads of soil, but we finished it.




I weeded the other flower bed and then we raised it so that it is almost level.  I'm thinking another wheelbarrow or two full of soil will finish the job.



There is still plenty of soil level for the next projects.



And then I took a quick break to repaint the rooster for the summer theme.












No comments:

Post a Comment