Sunday, June 2, 2013

Guess he's attempting to make himself at home

Last night the visiting rooster was back in the coop.  I hadn't seen him all day, but he was in a nesting box with one of the 3 month-old chicks when I did the head count.

This morning I opened the coop door and Clyde and several girls hurried out into the run.  I walked around to open the big door so that I could let the chicks and the guinea out to free range and there was the rooster, attempting to blend in.


Just don't make eye contact and she won't see me

I had to go in and usher him out of the coop to free range because I knew Clyde would tear him apart if he was in the run.

This time I watched where he walked off to, just a short distance behind the coop.  And a few hours later, he was still in that same area.



I haven't seen him come out into the yard area where the birds have been free-ranging this afternoon, so I think he's keeping his distance from Clyde, which is a pretty smart move.

I'm still not sure what to do with him, but for now, this is working.  The only problem is that on week/work days I don't like to put any of the birds out before I leave since it's still early enough to be fox time, but I know I can't leave this guy in the coop or run or Clyde will kill him.

No comments:

Post a Comment