Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Vacations are strange now

We went on vacation for Spring Break.  Just five days at a condo in Massanutten, Va.  It snowed.  Since when does it snow 6 inches on Spring Break?

The entire trip was strange.

I was eating a salad for dinner and I wanted to take the scraps out to the chickens.  But there are no chickens on vacation.  So I wanted to put it in a compost container.  But there was no compost container.


So I finally decided to just put it in a grocery bag and we will bring it home for the compost bin.  Who does that?!?!

I went to throw away some paper, but there was no recycle bin.

I went to throw away the box from a toy for the kids.  There was no recycle bin.


I seriously wanted to bring everything back with us so I could sort it properly.  I hate to think of everything just going to the dump.

Apparently all of my conservation habits are so embedded in my routine that I have a hard time just being "normal" for a few days on vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment