Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The update on the property

I just received a phone call from the appraiser.  She wanted to make an appointment to come appraise the property and to show me what the changes are.  After we made the appointment I asked her if I could find out about the changes now, instead of waiting a week.

She said they aren't going to have an access road anymore.  WIN!

And then she tells me that she's still waiting on final confirmation that they will be doing an easement and not a right of way.

WAIT.

They are going to be TAKING my land.

They are going to be building a ROAD ON MY LAND.

But now they are going to call it an easement instead of a right of way.

WAIT.

Let me explain this.

Right of way = they take it, it is their land, it is no longer my land, and they pay me for the land they take.

Easement = they take the land, they build on the land, but they say it is "my" land so they don't pay me for it.

So they are putting the road on my land.  Cars will be driving down this road on MY land.  And I won't receive any financial compensation.

I told her that if it is MY land then "I'm going to put up No Trespassing signs and I will stand out there with a shot gun."  (Okay so I don't own a shotgun, but she doesn't know that.)



It makes no sense that I would be okay with them taking my land, putting a road on it (so I can't use it/enjoy it), and yet not compensating me for taking my land.

This makes sense to them though.

I'm waiting for the plans to be emailed to me and for the meeting on Monday.  I will not allow them to take my land without compensating me.  It is that simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment