Thursday, March 28, 2013

Time to sell some goats

Today I caught the baby boys eating solid food with mom and I realized that's the sign that they could be weaned and sold.  So I put together pictures of the goats to sell them and added some information here so that anyone that's interested in buying them can get additional information.

All of the goats will come (running) when grain is shaken in a scoop or food dish.


Jenny is a few years old.  We are not sure how old but two vets told me between 3 and 5 years old.  She's given birth twice in the last 18 months.   Both times she had two adorable babies.  She is skitish around people, but has never been aggressive.  I do trim her hooves and she has had all of the typical shots.  I KNOW I would like to sell Jenny.

The rest of the goats I am unsure of.  I KNOW that I want to sell three goats because downsizing to two goats would be a great idea considering we never planned on having goats and this wasn't in our plan.  I am simply torn about keeping Carrie and Kelly or keeping Carrie and a baby....


Carrie was born January 26th, 2012 so she's just over a year old.  She was bottle fed and slept in the house for the first 6 weeks of her life.  She likes to be pet and easily comes up to people.  I will admit that she has started trying to earn her place in the pecking order in our family and has turned her head to horn people - other than me.  My youngest son flipped her and pinned her down twice and she stopped going after him, I've read that's all it takes for them to learn who dominates.  She would be tougher to get rid of since I bottle fed her, I'm slightly attached. :)  She's had the typical shots.

 Kelly is the twin sister to Carrie, born January 26th, 2012.  She was skittish around people but has gotten pretty good lately.  She doesn't run when I reach out to pat her and she comes running when you have food in a cup or dish for her.  She LOVES to climb and jump.  She's had all of the typical shots.


Rucker was born March 6th, 2013.  He is the cutest freaking thing ever.  He loves to climb and jump.  His brother, Cash, was obviously born the same day and is also ridiculously cute (pictured below.)  Both boys can/will be wethered/neutered soon.  They will also receive shots soon.


All goats MUST go to homes where they will be pets and may not be used for meat.

We are located in Bristow and do not have a way to transport them other than inside our SUV (for the two babies.)  They do not have to be sold together, but I do not want any of them to be the only goat on a farm/property as goats are social and I would hate for them to be lonely.

They've all been around chickens and they've all been around a large dog - but mom does not like them.  NONE of them have shown aggression, bit, attacked, ect. (Other than Carrie and her recent dominance stuff.)

They all have horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment