Friday, July 20, 2012

Good Morning, goats....

This morning I managed to sleep in until almost 8AM.  I am normally up before 7 so I felt a bit groggy and gross.  I got up pretty quickly because I knew the animals were hungry, but I was surprised that I wasn't hearing them making any noise.

The renter walked out the door to leave for work and I looked out the window on the door as she left to see where the goats were.  I didn't see them at the fence screaming for food, which is odd, but I also didn't see them come running across the yard like they are known for.

I looked at her face as she looked around the yard and got in her car.  She hadn't seen me before she left, but I could tell that she was also wondering where they were.

I felt a little nervous suddenly - was this the end of the goats??
Did they actually leave the yard?
Are they by the road?
I felt a panic start to rise.

I stepped outside, I'm not even sure that I had shoes on, and walked into the driveway and saw the renter stopped about 50 feet down the drive, laughing with her window down.

I felt relief because I was sure she was looking at them - but then also realized where she was looking.

"Are they eating my rose bushes?!" I asked.

She laughed and took a picture of them before leaving...

I once had 4 rose bushes and three unique flowers - all blooming with color... right there.

Good morning to you too....



UPDATED: to add pictures of what WAS in that area...



No comments:

Post a Comment