Tuesday, July 17, 2012

And they're out

It wasn't thirty minutes after I posted yesterday that the darn goats were out again.  Happily wagging their tails and trotting around the yard anytime we would come or go from the house.

I saw where the fence was pulled down, so I knew how they were getting out.

This morning I lured them all back into the pen and tightened up the weak area they can climbed over.  I was walking about 50 feet away to get my tools so that I could keep working on the fence when I heard Jenny climbing over the fence, I turned around and yelled at her to stop, but I hadn't taken three steps by the time she finished climbing over and then WHOOP - Kelly just leaped over the fence like a deer.

I hadn't seen Kelly jump like that before, but it put a whole new twist to how I could fix things.  I pounded a few T-posts in  to help hold the fence up straight and then decided that I would add another layer so the fence is about 6 feet tall in that section. 

It took me about 20 minutes to lure the goats back into the pen through the gate, but four hours later, they're still in.


Back where they belong - BEHIND the fence



I got three hours of work done today after the fence was fixed.  I mowed the lawn and pulled weeds in the garden.  The weeds were at least three feet tall, that's what I get for going on vacation.  But I also got two cherry tomatoes, three large yellow tomatoes, and four large red ones.  Lunch was great today :)

Pictures of the tomatoes that weren't picked

No comments:

Post a Comment