Thursday, October 23, 2014

It has begun.... or ended depending on how you look at it

Last week someone from the county came and knocked at our door.  I was in the shower so the youngest had to tell the man to wait a few minutes for me to finish and get dressed.  I had no idea who it was until I stepped outside and he introduced himself.  He was the head engineer on the road-widening project and was in charge of overseeing the work in front of my house.

He told me they would be coming through soon to begin work on the land they took last winter.  I asked how long I had and he said about 10 days.

I took pictures that day as we were leaving our property just to remember what I had since it was going to be changing.  As you can see, from the road you can't see our house unless you're looking directly up the driveway.







We came home today to a different view.


Even though I knew it was coming, it was still hard to take to see the huge gap in the trees.  I got out of the car and took another picture showing how there's a huge gap cut in the trees from the driveway towards the neighbors's property.



Even from the house, it is clear how much of our privacy is being taken away, and they haven't even started cutting the trees that buffer our driveway.


This is where they stopped working, to the right is the trees they will probably cut down tomorrow, and that hole now shows what my view will be where my trees once stood.





No comments:

Post a Comment