Sunday, March 2, 2014

The garden is started

I'm a couple weeks late on my start time, but I finally got a bunch of seeds planted in the basement with two lights set up.  Tomatoes, onions, chives, cabbage, parsley...  I even threw in some sunflower seeds and some basil that were left over from last year just to see if they would grows. 

We planted everything in toilet paper rolls, egg cartons, some left over planting pots from last year, and even some egg shells that I read about online.  My fingers are crossed that I start to see some green sprouts in the next few weeks so that I know this worked.






Once I finished this, I was back upstairs getting more toilet paper and paper towel rolls ready for the next batch of seeds that will be started.



This was shared on the Heritage Homesteaders Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. I love these simple, free ideas. Good luck with your plant starts. I found you on the Heritage Homesteaders Hop.

    ReplyDelete