Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring is almost here

I picked up the tiller from the shop yesterday and turned it on for just a minute when I got home.


We had to run out to get gas this  morning, but came right back and got to work.

The oldest did a little bit of work, maybe 10 minutes, but he was pretty helpful with cleaning out the tines when they got too clogged.




It looks so much nicer, and I moved the fence out to make it a bit larger.  I had to fix the fence since it had gotten pulled down from all the snow in the winter.




Tomorrow, a friend is coming over with a tractor to help move a big pile of soil and our old compost pile into the garden, and then I'll be mixing it all up again.  They say it will snow again this week, and our last frost date is sometime around the end of April or early May, so I'm at least getting closer to being able to plant and I have a lot of planning and mapping out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment