Saturday, May 11, 2013

Their first taste of freedom

I decided today was a good day to let the first batch of chicks taste freedom.

I opened the door.

And then waited.

And waited.

And waited.
 And FINALLY we had a brave bird that went into the coop and as he/she stood on the edge, an adult chicken came behind her.
 She jumped out of peer pressure, I'm sure of it.
Not too graceful

Walk it off like a pro
She was out of the coop alone for about twenty minutes before I gave up and went inside the house.   About thirty minutes later I went back outside and found another bird had tasted freedom.

 I figured maybe they would come out if they could come out through the coop so I propped an old ramp up to the door and immediately someone poked out to see the world.



And the rest followed.

All nine are walking around testing their freedom and and adult birds are doing fine with them, except for Silkie Sue who tends to attack every once in awhile.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment