Monday, May 13, 2013

A Clean Coop makes for Happy (Egg-Laying) Chickens

I finally got the coop cleaned out and the improvements made.  

I raised one roosting bar and added a third.  This way they aren't pooping on the backs of the birds beneath them.  I still need to add poop boards (boards that catch the mess).

\

And I bought these shelf thingys and added the front boards to create an edge for the eggs to not fall out.  I need to add a piece of plywood at the top to create an angled roof so the birds won't sit on top (like that one.)


There is even space for me to put the chicken feed can!  This means I have more space in the  mud room!  



And this must be great news for the birds because look what they finally left for me

Pretty Eggs
 While there are NINE eggs, I have to admit that one is from yesterday afternoon and two are guinea eggs.  But still this is the first time they've laid six eggs since the new coop was built.

And check out those colors!

Just in case you missed it, look at the funny shape to the one on the left

No comments:

Post a Comment