Friday, May 24, 2013

Chicks in Prison

Although I would push the coop door closed, each day I would walk out to the chicken run and see a chick head or two peeking out from around the door.  They kept pushing it open and poking their heads out.

Then the weather got really hot and I realized they must be dying in there, but I don't have time to cut and secure a screened window to keep the other chickens out until this weekend so I decided to prop the doors open and just block the doorways so they couldn't get out and the big girls couldn't get in.

Now, every time I go outside I see a bunch of birds in chick prison and it makes me laugh.




The good news is that it's Friday, so tomorrow I can cut new windows into the coop for better ventilation for them AND for the next three days, when I let the adults out to free-range, I'm going to let the chicks come out into the chicken run for their first taste of the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment