Friday, August 15, 2014

First attempt at dehydrating herbs

 We dehydrated a bunch of fruit this week. We tried kiwi, peaches, several types of apples, pears, mango... Basically all of the fruit that we could find in a local farmers market store.


The watermelon was attempted, but I'm not sure how good it really is.  A lot of it was still pretty soft even after 24 hours.  I think the oldest will eat it all within a day so at least it won't be wasted completely, and lesson learned.




 Then I did some major weeding and pruning in the garden and finally snipped some parsley and basil.  I decided to dry it in the dehydrator as I think that's the best way for me to actually preserve and use it.





There are four trays of basil and still a ton of basil plants in the garden.  It smells great!

No comments:

Post a Comment