Sunday, February 9, 2014

Wyndotte's first taste of the outdoors

Norma jeans sits at the window giving me looks every time I get near the coop.  I know she doesn't understand why she's locked up all the time and she simply wants to go find some bugs and treats.


Since I was spending some time outside with the hens this weekend, I decided it was a good time to let the Wyndotte chicks come out of their coop and to experience the fresh air.  They are two months old this weekend and I will probably keep them separate from the big girls for another month.




They were pretty hesitant to come out....


But Mama Norma Jean was impatient and pushed them out so she could get her first taste of freedom in about a month.


Eventually, all twelve were out and leaping and jumping all over the chicken run.  




No comments:

Post a Comment