Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Completely Unexpected

Wednesday afternoon I saw an email from someone asking me to call them.  I had no idea who they were, but I called anyway.  A woman asked me about the original Nokesville rooster and about how it was painted.  She tells me that an animal control officer saw it in the next county over, behind someone's house.

After a few phone calls, two visits from the police to my house, and the deputy going back to the house it was seen at, I received a phone call telling me that my rooster was in their custody!

A few weeks after he was stolen, I had given up hope and figured I would never see it again.  The next day, the deputy brought the rooster back, in his animal control truck!  It was only fitting that he was bringing me a rooster. :)



I was a little too excited to have my rooster back.





The story that the officer was told was that the man found the rooster a few weeks ago in the woods with some other trash and car parts when he was hunting.  He thought it looked cool, so he took it home.  The officer had gone to his house that day about some cows that were lose and saw the rooster before he knocked on the door.

I'm not sure if the story is true, but I think it is amazing that the rooster is back.

We painted the two new roosters back to plain colors and now we have to figure out the best way to add the original rooster out there as well.  I don't want to build another box but I'm not sure how to secure him so that no one will steal him again.


No comments:

Post a Comment