Sunday, January 19, 2014

Painting toe nails

I've been wanting to figure out what color egg each of my bird lays for awhile, but haven't put the time and effort in to the project, until now.

I've been putting one bird in each of the two cages we have and I leave her in there with food and water until she lays an egg.  So far three girls have laid light brown eggs, which wasn't what I was expecting.  Right now I've been checking the black and white speckled girls that came from Clyde's hatching last spring.  They all look very similar so I needed a way to be able to tell them apart once I figure out what color eggs they are laying.

It only seemed natural that I go with a finger nail painting method until I find something that's more long-term.  I tried white polish on the first girl, but the next morning I could barely tell which one she was, so I had to go to something a little more bright.





Just another adventure on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment