Friday, September 6, 2013

In Memory of Clyde

The Chicken Chick is a woman who has a major chicken blog and a Facebook page that is viewed around the world.  She is very informative and helpful to chicken folks.  The other day she was offering a couple free chicken decals and told people to comment with what they were doing for the weekend with their birds and she would randomly pick four winners.

I am not one for attempting to win any sort of prize, but with Clyde passing away and the oldest having a hard time with it, I thought it would be nice to comment to try to win him the decal.

I shared that we had recently lost my son's pet rooster and that weekend we were actually having him cremated.  Kathy replied telling me to give her our address and she would send him whichever decal I thought he would like.

Sure enough, a few days later this arrived.





Johnathon was quiet for awhile while he thought about it and then said how nice it was that she sent the card.  I pointed out that there was something else in the envelope.












He was happy that someone thought about him and then I explained that she'd just recently lost one of her amazing roosters as well.  "Really?"  he asked.  Yes, I explained how her rooster had also been sick and she lost him too and I could see the light in his eyes change as he realized he wasn't alone.

A few days later the name plate arrived for Clyde's box.




The Chicken Chick

This post was shared on The Homesteaders Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment