Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Nokesville Road Rooster has a Facebook Page

With all of the publicity that the rooster has been receiving, and the things that the boys put together last night, I decided that the Nokesville Road Rooster needed a Facebook page.

Yesterday, the boys created a fundraising page online to raise money to replace the rooster, and get him a friend.  http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/replace-the-nokesville-rd-rooster

I had also decided to do some online yard sale stuff to raise some money and offered to babysit and tutor as well.

It was then that I decided to create a page for the rooster (click the image to go the page).


I figured this would be the best way to share updates about our efforts to replace him but then I also thought it would be a ridiculous (ridiculously funny!) way share how the rooster changes once we replace him.  I thought we could post pictures of him each time that he is painted and if we are ever feeling creative enough, we could post a random status update.

This morning, I finally agreed to let the youngest do a lemonade stand.  He has been asking me, and I kept saying no, but I finally gave in.  Tomorrow I will let him squeeze lemons and make lemonade and then in the afternoon I will let him and the older son set up a stand on the road to sell lemonade and raise some money.  I even said that maybe I would bake some goodies for them to sell.

I also decided that since so many people in the community have shared their enjoyment of seeing the rooster changing for the seasons, some people that donate will get to come paint him however they would like to.  :)  So far two people are on that list!

Then, I received an email from the Bristow Beat, the online local newspaper, asking for information about the fundraising.  I'm not sure how he knew we were trying to raise funds, but I told him what we were doing.

I can't believe a silly rooster that we put by our mailbox as a sort of joke has turned into something so big.  I am in awe at how supportive the community is and how much they enjoyed seeing him.

1 comment:

  1. “I never realized how big the rooster had gotten until he was stolen, and .even launched The Nokesville Road Rooster page on Facebook.


    Locksmith in Nokesville

    ReplyDelete