Thursday, April 17, 2014

Creative Garden Labels

I needed something to label the areas of our garden but this year I needed something that would stand out more.  Last year we painted rocks, but the paint began to peel and the rocks weren't large enough so they eventually were buried by the dirt.

This year I was trying to find something that would be more of a sign and then I cam across these cutting boards in a dollar store.


There isn't anything in the garden yet, but having the labels out is already helping the boys and I to remember which rows are for walking and which are for plants.



As long as the permanent marker doesn't wipe off, these should work.  I thought about spraying a clear varnish over them, but decided to wait and see how these work.  Maybe I can paint over them and re-use them each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment