Sunday, January 13, 2013

They can fly!

I already knew the guinea fowl could fly.  They can't fly like a normal bird but what I'd read and witnessed was that they could fly 20-50 feet.  And so yesterday when I heard a fluster I turned around and watched two of them fly up into this tree.

I told myself it would be cool to get a picture of them up there and then decided to run in and grab the camera.  Of course one flew out before I came back outside, but I managed to get some proof of how high these crazy birds went.


As soon as I snapped off two pictures of how high the bird was she decided to take off and fly down, so I got a few shots of that too...

And she's off!

Faith sees dinner!

Please excuse the compost, metal scrap pile, and soccer goal...

Coming in for the landing

I still have no idea what made them take off and fly up the high in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment